Monday, December 8, 2014

The True Gentleman


"Sir, may I be permitted to peck out your eyeballs? Most gracious of you!"
This is my Organic Line Drawing, a character concept that I put together of a very dapper Pied Crow that wears a plague doctor mask. Crows and ravens have always been some of my favorite types of birds, and I always love the way Pied Crows appear to have a 'bib' of white, it makes them look like they're dressing up all fancy! This fellow probably wants to peck your eyes out, but he'll be a complete gentleman about it!

The mask comes from my love for the plague doctor theme, I love the history and aesthetic of the masks and the costume as a whole. And since Plague Doctors often worked around sick or dying people, it seems fitting that they would be associated with crows and ravens, which are often carrion birds! The top is the lines, which were done in Paint Tool Sai, and the colored image was put together in Photoshop 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment