Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Organic design project

This piece was the very first project I did in this class, and it was incredibly interesting! The first stage of it was using organic methods to spread paint over the surface of a few Styrofoam plates, using water, paint and a clear base that allowed the paint to spread. After spreading the paint I topped it off with some golden powder to make it shiny(maybe a little too much gold but I really like shinies). After the plates dried, I picked out the ones that I enjoyed the most and cut them out in the shapes seen here, I chose some rectangular shapes, and then the shape of a more abstract looking cat.

The plate pieces themselves were glued down onto a board painted to sort of resemble space, using water and acryllics to get the right effect. The last thing I did to the board was use gold paint to put a shiny border around it, and then I dabbed the same gold powder used on the cat, into the still slightly wet paint so it would stick. Overall I think the whole effect carried really nicely, and I'm happy with how my first project turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment